Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Roadhouse with Kevin Smith commentary



Even though Patrick Swayze will forever be my number one celebrity crush because I fell in love with him when I was 10 watching North and South, I can't watch Roadhouse anymore all the way through without a commentary. The Kevin Smith one would be perfect except for the Dalton/Chuck Norris jokes, which really date the commentary as a 2006 thing, so next time I'm gonna watch it with the Mike Nelson riff.

I liked the inclusion of the story about Smith getting into a fight with Ernie O'Donnell in high school; guess I'm not the only one who never forgets ANYTHING.

I noticed tonight that Sam Elliott was actually a better looking dude in 1989 than Patrick Swayze. Are my tastes changing or is this obvious?




Imagine what he would have looked like if he hadn't been dirtied up. Do actors really skip showering for days to get this look or do they use makeup and hair products?

No comments: