Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Mitchell with MST3K commentary


Oh, Joe Don Baker. It's not your fault or your character's fault that Mitchell didn't work. I find your "aw shucks" thing you've got going on endearing, especially in the scenes with Linda Evans. But the story built around you is too flimsy. The female characters' hair isn't 70s enough. You really did your best, though; I mean, Mitchell is way better than the cowboy movie, was it Final Sacrifice? Yeah, you tried too hard in that one to make "go ahead on" into your "make my day." It's too bad you don't see how Joel and the 'bots actually make Mitchell into the movie it was always meant to be. And even though I think there are too many fat jokes in the commentary, since you're not even that fat by today's standards, I have to share with you, since we're having this talk, that my favorite lines are when the MSTies sing their own version of the theme song:

Mitchell, Mitchell
Eeeeeeye on the sammich!
Mitchell (veins cloggin')
Mitchell (heart poundin')
Mitchell!

It's just unfortunate that I've put this movie on so many times to fall asleep to that I'm conditioned not to watch the last 30 minutes.

Joe Don, do you like Joel better or Mike? I like Mike. He just seems more open and sincere. Hey, remember that episode of Growing Pains when Mike Seaver (different Mike) runs for school office and has a bunch of campaign buttons made up that have the misprint "I Lick Mike?" No? Well, it wasn't that good of a show. I digress. Maybe you'd have liked this version of Mitchell better if Mike Nelson had been starring. Oh well. I hope we can still be friends. We'll always have Joysticks.

No comments: