Sunday, July 24, 2011

Phantasm





I watched Phantasm again tonight. I don't know how many times I have seen it. As I tried to estimate I wished I had listed every movie I had watched, ever, or since a certain important day. Then I thought that today might as well be that day. Starting with Phantasm.

When you see a movie as many times as I have seen Phantasm, you start to notice stuff you never noticed before. So here is my observation on Phantasm from the nth time overall and the first time listing it: if the Tall Man and the Lady in Lavender are the same being, does that make the human males' interactions with the Lady part of a gay subtext? The Lady in Lavender doesn't just lure these guys to their deaths, she makes out or has sex with them first. That would mean they're doing it with the Tall Man. Yes homo.

No comments: