Thursday, July 28, 2011

American Samurai (1992)


American Samurai wasn't even able to hold my attention long enough for me to take the piss out of it. I let the whole thing run, but I just couldn't focus on it. I was expecting a cheesy Best of the Best knock off and I got the cinematic equivalent of TGI Friday's appetizers from my grocer's freezer. And I say that with all due disrespect to the Iron Chef chairman who played the antagonist.

1992 is not a year I remember for good movies. Are there even ten movies I'd watch again that came out in 1992?

Okay. Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me, Candyman, Monster in a Box, Shakes the Clown, Unforgiven, Once Upon a Time in China II, Wayne's World, Police Story 3, Ghostwatch, and Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Making that list took me at least thirty minutes and at least ten searches. What the hell was going on that year?

No comments: