Friday, August 19, 2011

Wrapping up the week

I watched Zombi 2 this week then made a list of my favorite 20 zombie movies that aren't Fulci movies. Then I saw the new Fright Night and was extremely surprised at how awesome it is. Now I'm watching the crap classic The Dark Power.

I have never reviewed The Dark Power, because I won't do so until someone makes me a highlight reel of the fat, bitchy repairman. For some reason I'm obsessed with weird minor characters in old cheapies. The thing that provides the "good" part of "so bad it's good" is the audacious WTF sections between the kills, and minor characters are a big part of that equation.

What else will I watch tonight? Well, I'm drinking orange cream vodka and I have nothing to do until church on Sunday, so there's no telling.

2 comments:

msmariah said...

I was taken by surprised by Fright Night as well. It was actually a great remake. Who would have thunk?

Wednesday's Child said...

I hated to admit it! I had totally sworn off writing about remakes in hope of making the studios quit making them, like taking attention from a naughty child to combat the bad behavior. Anyway, yeah, I was shocked, and it was great.