Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Ghosts That Still Walk



Synopsis
: Mark’s mother Ruth (Caroline Howe) went batshit insane a year ago while writing a book on Native Americans; before she had her breakdown she had disinterred an Indian mummy as part of her research. Now Mark (Matthew Boston) is having terrible headaches, which his doctor says are psychosomatic, and an unseen force tries to kill his grandparents, Alice (Ann Nelson) and Jerry (Henry Douglas). Is Mark possessed by the astral body of the Indian? Or is something even creepier and more dangerous happening?

Read the rest of my review here: http://realmoftheuninvited.wordpress.com/2011/08/02/ghosts-that-still-walk/

P.S. I watched Blue Velvet tonight for the umpty-umpth time, and my husband made as MS Paint drawing of fucking suave Ben which you can see here: http://msmasterpieces.tumblr.com/post/8412121059/bluevelvet

I saw something I never noticed before around the one hour mark of Blue Velvet: when Jeffrey pulls up to the brick factory building to begin his stakeout, there is a beautiful shadow projection of machines working and putting out smoke framed in a semicircle by Jeffrey's headlight. Lynch has never stopped captivating me in over 21 years of my being a fan.

No comments: