Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Waiting For Guffman



If you haven't seen this movie yet, your life is seriously lacking. You have to find it and watch it before Monday. There is no reviewing that needs to be done for this movie other than to say that in the video store where I worked for three years I can't remember it ever staying on the shelf. If someone brought it back, it was rented again that same day. The only thing that rented as much as Waiting For Guffman was Breakin', I shit you not. And since Waiting For Guffman is an intentionally ironically funny movie, and Breakin' is an unintentionally ironically funny movie, that's appropriate.

And if that doesn't convince you, my mother, who doesn't think anything is funny, actually laughed out loud several times. Also, my son liked it, even though he didn't want to, but he just had to tell me, "um, Mommy, those songs aren't really very good." And I said, "baby, that's the joke."

No comments: