Friday, September 16, 2011

Zombi 2 again


This is my second time watching my Shriek Show 25th anniversary Zombi 2 DVD. Who knows how many times I've seen the movie period, but I think this is the second time I've mentioned it here. Since I probably should say something different to you every time Zombi 2 shows up here in my moviegoer diary, I'll tell you that the scene in which Susan strips off to go scuba diving with the zombie and the shark tickles me every time.

The reason I'm amused is because to begin with Peter is absently staring at her, like you do when it's the first time you see a particular woman get nuuuuuuude. He's not really leering, though, because he knows her shriek show hair under that pink cap makes her kind of meh. Anyway, Anne looks a little bit eye roll-y at the exhibitionism, so Peter picks up on it and averts his eyes because he likes Anne. Then Fulci cuts to Brian shoveling some nasty unidentified food into his mouth with his bare hands and looking like he's completely oblivious not only to the silent drama the little strip show has brought on but to the stripping itself. So you know that she's showing off all the time to the point that the thrill is gone. "Oh, that's just my wife, nude again. *yawn* Pass the hot sauce, wouldya?"

Also, I can't look at Al Cliver without thinking about David Warbeck on the Beyond commentary talking about Cliver being a self-described dumbass. Gotta go; it's time for the eye splinter.

P.S. I also watched The Beyond with commentary tonight. Watching it reminded me that last night I dreamt I was in New Orleans at one of those bars that sells like 76 different kinds of mixed drinks in styrofoam cups. In my dream one of the drinks was called the "Kenny Rogers." I ordered a "Kenny Rogers" but had to change my order since the price, which hadn't been on the menu, was over $140!

No comments: