Sunday, April 29, 2012

Squirm

Yesterday I looked through this blog as if it was written by a stranger, it had been so long since I'd posted. And then I made the mistake of mentioning Warrior of the Lost World to my husband, so we ended up watching that again. With MST3K. Alvy Singer!

Then we tried to watch the 80s comedy Gorp, which was sold to me by my husband as "It's got Dennis Quaid! You like Dennis Quaid!" Well, Dennis Quaid, usually a cutie, was looking very much like Chet from Weird Science here, and for a comedy, it wasn't funny. Well, there was one funny part, when Fran Drescher said, "I'm Evie, and I do fuck." But that was the only part, so we turned it off.

But wait, isn't the title of this post "Squirm?" Yes, it is. Another movie we watched with MST3K enhancement, Squirm was filmed a couple of hours from where we live, in Port Wentworth, GA. Now, I've never heard of Port Wentworth, despite living in this area on and off my entire life, but my sources tell me it's basically in Savannah.

Now, if there's one thing I do know about Savannah, it's that they are eaten up with ghosts up there. And according to IMDb, Squirm director Jeff Lieberman said that the house where they filmed was one of the most haunted in Georgia. The trouble is, I couldn't find anything about the haunting online. What to do?

That's why I'm posting about Squirm. I'm hoping someone from Port Wentworth, or someone who worked on the movie, will come along and tell me the ghost story of the house in Squirm. Because I love me a ghost story. Won't you please help this ghoul out?

P.S. As B-movies from the 70s go, Squirm is actually good enough to watch without robot commentary. It's rare when that happens, isn't it?

No comments: